30 September 2010

Police and abuse

Lets start off this way, I love the police, they have a very hard and dangerous job to do, and let's face it, not many people like them. I respect them for what they do, I'm not some ignorant minority bloc; whether black or Mexican, that blames all their troubles on the police. So it bothers me when they (police) break the law in everyday business. When they speed, make illegal turns or hit their lights so they can run a red. This is a slap in the face to every law abiding citizen out there. I know these aren't "big" crimes, but they are crimes nevertheless. Some would akin these to taking a pen from your work, or eating a banana at the market and not paying for it. True, they may seem petty, but when an officer pulls you over for the same thing that he does... Well... It's just insulting! As a law abiding citizen I teach my children that the police are the GOOD GUYS! But when they see, with their own eyes the blatant disregard for the law, by those who are supposed to uphold the law, it gets harder everyday. Now I'm not looking for angels on the force, but how about a little more common sense.

No comments: